This season, the Heath Quartet will present a series of six recitals at the Wigmore Hall in London, exploring the string quartets of prolific contemporary composer Jörg Widmann, the first of which will take place on Sunday 24 September. Later in the season, the Heaths take the complete cycle of Widmann’s quartets to the Pierre Boulez Saal in Berlin for a focused concert and workshop. This Sunday’s programme also includes Haydn’s String Quartet in B minor Op. 33 No. 1 and Shostakovich’s Piano Quintet in G minor Op. 57, joined by frequent collaborator Hannes Minnaar. More information here.
The next few months include a return to the US for a tour with recitals in Chicago and Los Angeles, and a performance at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam together with Hannes Minnaar.
The Heath Quartet at Wigmore Hall 2017/18
- Sunday 24 September – Haydn, Widmann & Shostakovich with Hannes Minnaar, piano
- Sunday 10 December – Haydn, Widmann & Mendelssohn
- Friday 15 December – Mendelssohn & Enescu with Anthony Marwood, violin; Isabelle van Keulen, violin; Lawrence Power, viola; Richard Lester, cello
- Wednesday 14 March – Haydn, Widmann & Bruckner with Nils Mönkemeyer, viola
- Saturday 16 June – Haydn, Widmann & Tchaikovsky
- Friday 20 July – Bach, Widmann & Schoenberg