Tonight, at Müpa Budapest, soprano Christiane Karg will join Music Director Iván Fischer and the Budapest Festival Orchestra for Mahler’s Second Symphony, before embarking on an all-Mahler European tour. Christiane will share the stage with mezzo-soprano Elisabeth Kulman, with programmes of both Symphony No. 2 and No. 4.
During the two-week tour they will perform at various concert halls around Europe including: Müpa Budapest, Concertgebouw Brugge in Belgium, Festspielhaus Baden-Baden, Smetana Hall in Prague, Alte Oper Frankfurt and finally Kulturpalast Dresden in Germany.
After the tour Christiane will continue her Mahler spree, once again performing Mahler’s Second Symphony on 1 June 2018, but this time with the Iceland Symphony Orchestra and Osmo Vänskä as part of The Reykjavík Arts Festival. Later this season she gives recitals in Elmau, Berlin and Graze, and appears at the Salzburg Festival performing the role of Pamina in Mozart’s Die Zauberflöte, alongside Adam Plachetka and Albina Shagimuratova.
- 11, 12 & 13 May, Béla Bartók National Concert Hall, Müpa Budapest
- Thursday 17 May, Concertgebouw Brugge
- Saturday 19 May, Concertgebouw Brugge
- Sunday 20 May, Festspielhaus Baden-Baden
- Tuesday 22 May, Alte Oper Frankfurt
- Thursday 24 May, Smetana Hall Prague
- Friday 25 May, Musikfestspiele Kulturpalast Dresden
Find out more on the Budapest Festival Orchestra’s website.